Forum Message

Topic: Re:GARDENS:  Ealing in Bloom - Last Day for Entries/Brentford Community Planting
Posted by: Philippa Bond
Date/Time: 08/06/18 12:01:00

I posted the above on 4 June as a result of not being brave enough to knock on a door and offer to cut back a fuchsia which I think now had suffered as a result of the Beast from the East.  It was alive but had a lot of dead wood. I don't know the person/people who live there - if I had done I would have without question.

The garden has now been cleared and left with just gravel instead of any of the beautiful fuchsia which I had enjoyed as I walked past year after year. Sadly I'm too late :(

With a bit of TLC I'm sure we could all still be enjoying that fuschia.  They generally tend to be pretty hardy - especially once they have become established.  It is the second very small garden that has gone that way in the last couple of months.

So it is wonderful what has been happening in Brentford - community planting to make an area look so much better - which in turn tends to encourage people to take pride in their neighbourhood and keep it looking better:

http://www.brentfordtw8.com/default.asp?section=info&page=airquality020.htm

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
GARDENS:  National Gardens Scheme (ngs) and Ealinng in Bloom05/06/18 21:51:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:GARDENS:  Ealing in Bloom - Last Day for Entries/Brentford Community Planting08/06/18 12:01:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:GARDENS:  Royal Horticultural Society10/06/18 18:44:00 Philippa Bond
         Re:Re:Re:GARDENS:  Royal Horticultural Society17/06/18 14:49:00 Janice Evans
            Re:Re:Re:Re:GARDENS:  Royal Horticultural Society17/06/18 14:50:00 Janice Evans
               Re: Porous & Permeable Front Gardens are needed to avoid flooding risks21/06/18 11:43:00 Philippa Bond
                  Re:Re: Porous & Permeable Front Gardens are needed to avoid flooding risks21/06/18 11:55:00 Janice Evans
                     Re:Re:Re: Porous & Permeable Front Gardens are needed to avoid flooding risks03/07/18 03:10:00 Philippa Bond

Forum Home