Forum Message

Topic: Who Knew About The Cycle Pathway on the A40?
Posted by: Andrew OSullivan
Date/Time: 04/03/19 12:03:00

Would be very interested to hear whether the very low response to the consultation about the cycle pathway just under construction was a result of people in Acton being relaxed about the project or unaware it was taking place?

I don't live in W3 so may have missed discussion and coverage but the first I heard of it was when I saw the article about the ground being broken.

I'm agnostic on the scheme which will probably cause me delays when trying to get to the A40/M40 but I appreciate that better cycling infrastructure is necessary. What does concern me and some others I have spoken to is the way TfL seem to be effectively undermining the system of consultation by not making any particular effort to promote consultations in areas which will be directly impacted by a project. They thereby guarantee 'support' for the scheme because people outside the area who are in favour of the concept of cycle paths will respond in favour and outweigh numerically any local objections.

The people who live in the area are best placed to assess how new road layouts will work in reality. It could be that they have determined that this cycle path will cause no problems but looking at the designs I can see significant issues for roads like Horn Lane and Old Oak Road  have I overestimated the issues that will be caused?

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Who Knew About The Cycle Pathway on the A40?04/03/19 12:03:00 Andrew OSullivan
   Re:Who Knew About The Cycle Pathway on the A40?04/03/19 13:27:00 Tania Bapuji
   Re:Who Knew About The Cycle Pathway on the A40?14/03/19 11:39:00 Tony Bailey
      Re:Re:Who Knew About The Cycle Pathway on the A40?14/03/19 15:41:00 Andy Jones
         Re:Re:Re:Who Knew About The Cycle Pathway on the A40?15/03/19 12:09:00 Vlod Barchuk
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Who Knew About The Cycle Pathway on the A40?17/03/19 11:35:00 Andy Jones
   Re:Who Knew About The Cycle Pathway on the A40?02/04/19 15:34:00 Paul Scullion

Forum Home